|BHS Principal Mark Sullivan (left) and Robert Buckley (right) present the First Annual BHS Innovation Awards to Jessica Villalta and Walter Kickuchi.|
Congratulations to BHS Class of 2012 graduates Jessica Villalta and Walter Kikuchi who were the first recipients of the BHS Innovation Awards sponsored by Riemer and Braunstein. Jessica, who is headed to Bryn Mawr, and Walter, who is headed to Brown, each received $4,000.00 for this honor.
The criteria which applicants were judge on are below:
- A demonstrated commitment to understanding and addressing difficult social issues
- Leadership and a dedication to community action
- Leading other students to new approaches to old problems
- business plans for fundraising
- Innovative community service
- after-school activities
- uses of communications tools such as chat, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc
Please check out their video submissions below!
We are proud of Jessica and Walter for achieving this honor! Thanks go out to Robert Buckley, a Senior Partner at Riemer and Braunstein, for his support of this award and his commitment to continue the award next year!
We can’t wait to who off more of the amazing work of our BHS students!