So my friend Tony Baldasaro tagged me in a chain-blogging task which obligates me to share 11 random facts about myself and then to answer 11 questions that Tony has asked. As much as I dislike chain letters and things of that nature, I am excited to do some writing in this space. My blogging has been limited during the first half of the school year, so I want to thank Tony for what I hope will be a kickstart for my resolution to blog more frequently in 2015!
My 11 Random Facts
- I grew up in the “Little Town of Mendon (MA)”
- I was a sports writer out of college and covered the Bruins.
- I got to attend game six of the 2013 World Series with my son Tim #priceless!
- My dad was at game six of the 1975 World Series at Fenway.
- My brother Jim was a minor league baseball player and is now the golf pro for Vice President Biden.
- I hold the world record for whiffle ball home runs and stink at golf.
- I enjoy hyperbole.
- I will go out of my way to get Starbucks coffee.
- My top two take-out restaurants are Las Olas in (NH) and Sammy’s Deli (Burlington)
- I completed a Tough Mudder in 2012.
- I was a drummer in high school and still annoy my children by drumming on the steering wheel when a good song is on the radio.
My responses to Tony’s Questions
- Have you ever been to New Hampshire? Yes, I lived there for a few years.
- What item could you not live without? For this task, my laptop 😉
- What’s the highest peak you have ever climbed? Mt. Monadnock
- If you could live anywhere else for one year, where would it be? Ireland
- How many TV’s do you have in your house? two
- At what age do you think it’s appropriate for a child to own their first cellphone? sixth grade
- Who was your third grade teacher? I moved in third grade so I had two…Mrs. Vignone and Mrs. Grady
- When is the last time you posted a picture publicly? Today
- Other than the birth of your children and/or the day you were married or met your soulmate, what was the best day of your life? The day I became a teacher
- What is your most artistic skill? Playing the drums
- Who has been the most influential person in your life (non family version)? This is a tough question because I have been fortunate to have a lot of great mentors. I will go with my first Principal, Paul Daigle, who hired me for my first teaching position and then my first administrative position a few years later.
Now for the fun part. I have to find 11 more bloggers to keep this thing going and ask them 11 questions (hoping they have not been tagged previously).
- George Couros
- Jennifer Scheffer
- Michael Podraza
- Brad Gustafson
- Daisy Dyer Duerr
- Dave Meister
- Cale Birk
- Dawn Casey-Rowe
- Jessica Johnson
- Dwight Carter
- Anyone who wants to play along! (Just follow the guidelines below)
Here are your questions
- Have you ever been to Massachusetts?
- What is your favorite sports team (college or pro)?
- Besides you, name a blogger that you would recommend to others.
- When you were little, what did you dream of becoming?
- How far away do you live from where you grew up?
- What is your favorite meal?
- If you were offered a free trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Do you prefer Macs or PC’s?
- Other than the birth of your children and/or the day you were married or met your soulmate, what was the best day of your life?
- What is the best movie you’ve seen in the last year?
- What is the last live concert that you’ve attended?
The Guidelines for your Homework…
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
- Post back here (in the comment section) with a link to your finished assignment. Go on, you have homework to do.